In an ever evolving field it is imperative that practitioners working in the arena of child and public protection feel equipped and competent in their decision making and practice. Mc Gibbon Consultancy is committed to providing current, relevant and bespoke training to meet a diverse need of professional and agency requirements including;
• Understanding concerning and harmful sexual behaviours in children, adolescents.
• Understanding sexually abusive behaviours in adult males and females.
• Risk assessment including training in specialist child, adolescent and adult risk assessment tools.
• Assessing risk in technology assisted sexually abusive behaviours.
• Understanding and assessing risk and needs in adults with a learning disability who engage in harmful sexual behaviours.
• Trauma Informed Care and Practice – Understanding the impact of trauma on childhood attachment and adult relationship styles.
• What works in interventions with adults, young people and children who engage in harmful sexual behaviours.
• Working with denial in sexual and domestic violence.
• Strength based practice and systemic interventions.
• Motivating and engaging offenders in interviews.
• Defensible decision making in child and public protection.
• CASP-R © – Assessing the capacity and ability of a proposed carer to supervise and protect children at risk from a person of concern.
ASSESSING PROTECTIVENESS USING CASP-R MODEL OF SUPERVISION AND PROTECTION
The core of any child protection process is the protectiveness of the adults around that child and therefore any assessment of risk posed to a child must be accompanied by a protectiveness assessment. However, it is also essential that it is not only the ability to protect but the capacity of that adult to supervise the risk posed in their family system. This training will provide practitioners with the skills and competence to administer the CASP-R (McGibbon & Leonard 2020) Model of Assessment to assist them in assessing a partner’s ability to protect and supervise the risk in the family.
This 2 day training will be delivered by one of the authors and given the competence based assessment of the training it is best received face to face.
This training is also available through www.leonardconsultancy.co.uk
Aim and Objectives
Aim: To provide participants with confidence and competence in administering the CASP-R Model of Assessment for Protectiveness
Objectives: By undertaking this training practitioners will have gained confidence and competence in the CASP-R Model of Assessment by:
- Having a comprehensive overview of the research and literature regarding protectiveness and risk in child protection case work
- Learning the core aspects of assessing protectiveness and supervision of risk
- Observation of an assessment of protectiveness
- Meeting the required competence level to administer the CASP-R Model of Assessment
- Developing skills in analysing the CASP-R and reporting for child protection decision making
On successful completion of the training the participant will receive a certificate of completion and competence from McGibbon Consultancy & Safeguarding Services Ltd /Leonard Consultancy & Associates
Face to Face 2-day training £2000 plus VAT plus travelling expenses with maximum of 20 persons which includes the purchase of the CASP-R assessment book
McGibbon Consultancy provides expert guidance and collaborative support to practitioners in their clinical practice and agencies in their strategic direction. We aim to meet the specific needs of each individual and agency by developing an approach best suited to their role and responsibilities. This includes;
- Clinical supervision for social workers, police, psychologists, prison officers, family support workers, youth justice and mental health practitioners.
- Reviewing and revising organisational practice and approach.
- Developing individual plans of intervention and programmes for group work intervention.
- Case and organisational reviews.